Cubbies, squeegees, and other easy ways to keep your house clean.
Home is literally the center of your universe right now, so make sure it’s a source of minimum stress. Here’s how to keep your house clean and orderly all the time.
- Wake, and make your bed pronto. That’s one task down already.
- Keep your kitchen sink empty for a soothingly clear sight line.
- Clean a room a day. You know what they say about doing daunting tasks in small chunks, right?
- Hang a squeegee. Take a few satisfying swipes after your shower, and presto!
- Assign cubbies to each family member. Tidy is as tidy does.
- Unload the dishwasher when clean. Then you're always prepped for habit #2.
- Use it, wipe it. Especially high-touch surfaces.
- Snap it, shred it. Paper piles are for the birds.
- Create a doorway box. Next time you leave, donations and recycling leave with you.