Refacing kitchen cabinets might be “superficial,” but the results and savings are dramatic.
Refacing your kitchen cabinets includes covering the exposed frames with a thin veneer of real wood or plastic laminate.
Doors and drawer fronts are replaced to match or complement the new veneer. New hinges, knobs, pulls, and molding complete the transformation.
What are the Pros and Cons?
Kitchen cabinet refacing pros:
- Costs about half as much as replacing cabinets.
- Takes less time (a week or less!) and money.
- It’s less hassle than tearing out cabinets.
- You can still use your kitchen while refacing.
- It’s a green kitchen remodeling solution because you’re not adding to the landfill.
Kitchen cabinet refacing cons (there aren’t…