- Update your mailing address at usps.com or fill out a change-of-address form at your local post office.
- Change your address with important service providers, such as your bank(s), credit companies, magazine subscriptions, and others.
- Create a list of people who will need your new address.
Whether you plan on sending formal change-of-address notices in the mail or just e-mailing the family members, friends, and colleagues who should be informed, a list will ensure no one gets left out.
- Contact utility companies.
Make sure they’re aware of your move date, and arrange for service at your new home if the service provider will remain the same.
- Check insurance coverage.
The insurance your moving company provides will generally only cover the