There are many reasons to consider relocating or retiring to Farmington. A community of our size, roughly 45, 000 people, is the best of both worlds. Small enough to have the warm, inviting small town feel but large enough to have the amenities and comforts of a city much larger. Farmington is the retail hub for a large radius around us and into neighboring states. Because of this, it provides a great variety of shopping resources. Let Farmington energize your life journey!
Top Reasons to Relocate or Retire in Farmington:
- Excellent Climate—With four distinct seasons, and mild winters, Farmington’s weather is one of the top reasons residents have for living here. Outdoor adventures can be enjoyed year-round.
- Location—Nestled in the northwest corner of New Mexico, an area commonly referred to as the Four Corners, residents and visitors alike can find themselves in the mountains of Colorado or landscapes of Utah or Arizona quickly for wonderful day trips. New Mexico’s largest city, Albuquerque, is an easy three-hour drive away.
- Medical Facilities—Farmington is home to San Juan Regional Medical Center, a 194 bed, level III trauma center with 72 private patient rooms. The hospital also provides a rehabilitation hospital, San Juan Health Partners specialty clinics, heart center, outpatient rehab care, outpatient diagnostic services, wound treatment center, Air Care emergency service, cancer center and spine center.
- Art Abounds—Art can be found in many aspects in Farmington. The San Juan Symphony offers several concerts a year. Musicals, plays and concerts are often available at the Farmington Civic Center, Lions Wilderness Amphitheater, San Juan College Performance Hall and other fantastic facilities. Art galleries, with high quality art shows, are accessible and trading posts offer an amazing opportunity to purchase exquisite Native American art and jewelry.
- Beauty of the High Desert—Farmington sits at just under 5,400 feet elevation which means it sits amongst beautiful bluffs and mesa. With three rivers, and almost 2/3 of the state’s surface water flowing through it, the area is known for its outdoor adventures. Whether your journey is watching incredible sunsets on your deck or hiking among the unique land formations of the Bisti Badlands, your life will be enriched by this high desert climate.
- Getting Involved—Opportunities to serve others, meet new people and engage with the community are vast in Farmington! The City of Farmington’s Mayor’s Volunteer Program is just one way but there are many organizations throughout this fine city that are looking for service minded individuals. Some of the area’s largest events, such as the Connie Mack World Series, are only possible because of the generous volunteers in the community!
- Community Centers for All – Farmington has great community centers throughout the town that are designed specifically for youth, families and seniors. Their programs will greatly enrich your life!
- Farmington Knows City Parks—With over 70 beautifully maintained city parks, Farmington ensures that all residents can enjoy the outdoors. Lush, well-manicured lawns, fun playground equipment, dog parks and enjoyable trails can be found all throughout the city.
- State of the Art Library—It’s not a secret, we love to brag about our library! One visit is all it takes to see why. This incredible facility offers programs for adults and teens with a wide selection of youth services, books and digital books, research databases, computer classes and so much more. Plus, it is one of the most beautiful facilities in town!
- Educational Opportunities for the Young and Young at Heart—San Juan College is a two-year comprehensive community college offering two-year degree and certificate programs, non-credit community service classes, business and industry training, cultural activities and on-going educational workshops. Through partnerships with state universities, bachelors and master’s degrees are also offered. The college also offers classes designed for students 50 years and older through its Encore program.
To find out more about relocating to Farmington, please visit the Farmington Chamber of Commerce: www.GoFarmington.com
Some of the information contained herein has been provided by SWMLS, Inc. This information is from sources deemed reliable but not guaranteed by SWMLS, Inc. The information is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than identifying properties which consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Listing information last updated on July 16th, 2018 at 6:41am MDT.
The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
The data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
Copyright © 2018 - San Juan County Board of Realtors. All Rights Reserved.